Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 September 2017
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southerly 15 to 20 knots increasing to southerly 20 to 30 early this evening then becoming westerly 20 late this evening. Wind backing to southerly 10 to 20 late overnight. Wind southerly 10 to 20 Sunday.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 September 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday low located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Sunday low located over Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday cold front from low located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Sunday cold front from low located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PDT 23 September 2017 A ridge of high pressure over Queen Charlotte Sound will shift to
The southeast and lie over Vancouver Island by Sunday morning. A
Low pressure system from the Pacific will move into offshore waters
Sunday afternoon. The associated cold front will advance towards the
northern and central waters Sunday night. Ahead of the front, strong
to gale force southerly winds will develop. Winds will shift to
strong to moderate westerly winds in the wake of the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: