Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 22 May 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots becoming south 10 to 20 this evening then veering to west 15 to 20 early Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 25 to 35 Tuesday afternoon.
Rain ending near midnight. Rain Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 May 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 May 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening ridge located over Queen Charlotte
Sound extending southwestward.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening ridge located over Cape Scott
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located over Prince
Rupert extending southwestward.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PDT 22 May 2017 A stalled frontal system in a northeast to southwest line from
Prince Rupert to Southern Bowie will remain in place through
The front will eventually move across BC coast on Tuesday, pushed by
a strong upper trough. A strong ridge of high pressure will rebuild
in the wake of the front and generate gale to locally storm force
northwesterly winds over the BC waters on Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: