Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 24 February 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 25 this evening and to northwest 25 to 35 Saturday morning.
A few showers and chance of flurries beginning late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 February 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 February 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary high located west of Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 1017 mb located over southern Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today low 1015 mb located south of Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday deepening low 1020 mb located near the
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday low 1013 mb located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:23 AM PST 24 February 2017 An area of high pressure will remain west of the offshore waters. A
low pressure center over Southern Explorer will continue drift
southwards through today. Another low pressure centre will develop
near the Alaska Panhandle Saturday morning. The low centre will move
southward to Hecate Strait Saturday afternoon and then to Southern
Vancouver Island Saturday overnight.
Strong to gale force northeasterlies will continue over parts of
central waters through early this afternoon. As the second low
pressure centre develops, northern waters will see an increase to
strong to gale force northerly winds Saturday morning. These winds
will spread southwards Saturday afternoon, giving strong to gale
force northerly winds to most BC waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: