Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 30 March 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southwesterly 10 to 20 late this evening.
A few showers with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 4:00 PM PDT 30 March 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 30 March 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening low 995 mb located near the
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Washington State.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PDT 30 March 2015 A low pressure system over the Alaska Panhandle will bring strong to
gale force southerly winds over the northern and central waters this
A cold front over North Vancouver Island this afternoon will reach
Washington state overnight. Strong to gale force southeast winds
ahead of the front will shift to strong northwesterly in the wake of
the front. Strong to gale force westerly winds will develop tonight
through Juan de Fuca Strait.
A trough of low pressure will approach the offshore waters Tuesday
morning. Behind the trough, strong to gale force westerly winds will
develop over the northern offshore waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: