Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 08 February 2016
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots backing to east 20 early Tuesday morning then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 near noon Tuesday.
Rain ending near midnight. Chance of showers beginning early Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PST 08 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 8 February 2016 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low 1002 mb located over the
Gulf of Alaska.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday low 972 mb located west of the offshore
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PST 8 February 2016 A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will produce gale force
northerly outflow winds over Howe Sound and Douglas Channel tonight
through Tuesday morning.
A 971 MB low will develop and track west of the offshore waters on
Tuesday. Ahead of the low gale force easterly or southeasterly
Winds will develop over the offshore, northern, and central waters
beginning by Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: