Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 30 March 2017
Today Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 late this afternoon and to southeast 30 to 40 this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 Friday morning.
Rain beginning early this evening changing to a few showers Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 March 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located over Cape St. James extending
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Port Hardy extending
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located over Bowie.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening cold front located over Hecate
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PDT 30 March 2017 A ridge over cape St. James extending southwards will result in
strong northwest winds for southern sections of West Vancouver
A cold front will approach the offshore waters today and lie over
Bowie by late this evening. Ahead of the front winds will rise to
gale force southeasterlies up to 45 knots over offshore, northern,
and central waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: