Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 16 August 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 near noon and to light this evening. Wind increasing to south 15 Thursday morning and to southeast 25 near noon Thursday. Wind veering to southwest 25 Thursday evening.
Chance of showers changing to rain Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 16 August 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northwestern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing low 1004 mb located over the
northern Alaska panhandle.
At 2:00 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Haida Gwaii.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Thursday weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PDT 16 August 2017 A ridge of high pressure will remain over Vancouver Island today
while a dissipating 1004 millibar low moves into the Northern Alaska
Panhandle. On Thursday, a frontal system will reach Bowie in the
morning and the North Coast near mid-day.
Light to moderate variable winds will prevail for most of the South
Coast today and Thursday. Moderate to strong westerlies through Juan
de Fuca Strait will reach gale force tonight.
Over the North Coast, strong southwesterlies will gradually ease
today as the low moves off. Gale force southeast winds will develop
ahead of the next frontal system and shift to strong west or
southwesterly in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: