Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 25 September 2016
Today Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 15 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this afternoon then becoming northwest 25 this evening. Wind diminishing to west 15 overnight.
Rain today and early this evening. Chance of showers beginning overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PDT 25 September 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 25 September 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today departing low 1013 mb located over the
southern Alaska panhandle.
At 2:00 p.m. PDT today low 1004 mb located over Bowie.
By 7:00 p.m. PDT Monday low 1000 mb located over the southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:01 AM PDT 25 September 2016 A low pressure system over Haida Gwaii will move onto the Alaska
Panhandle today. A second low will cross Bowie this afternoon and is
forecast to pass to the northwest of Haida Gwaii tonight.
Gale force southeasterlies over most central and northern waters will
ease this morning as the first low moves off. However, as the second
low approaches, gale to storm force south or southeast winds will
redevelop. The cold front associated with the second low will move
down the coast to lie over Vancouver Island late Monday. Winds will
shift to moderate to strong northwesterlies once the cold front
Meanwhile, in the far south, winds will remain light to moderate
under a ridge of high pressure.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: