Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 28 January 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots becoming southeast 25 to 35 this morning then becoming southeast 20 to 30 this evening. Wind diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 after midnight and to light Thursday morning.
Rain ending Thursday afternoon.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 28 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 28 January 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today cold front located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday cold front located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:15 AM PST 28 January 2015 Strong to gale force southeasterly winds have developed over the
northern coastal waters in advance of a slow moving cold front
approaching from the southwest. This front is forecast to rapidly
weaken over Hecate Strait Thursday morning with winds
Dropping below gale force.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: