Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 20 August 2017
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 early this evening then becoming southerly 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 20 August 2017 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At midnight PDT tonight frontal system located over the offshore
By 7:00 p.m. PDT Monday approaching cold front located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PDT 20 August 2017 Over the South Coast, a ridge of high pressure will remain in a
northeast to southwest line over Vancouver Island. This will give
light to moderate winds to most regions except for strong westerlies
through Juan de Fuca Strait in the afternoons.
Over the North Coast, a frontal system will move inland near
Noon today. A second frontal system will approach offshore waters
tonight and the cold front will reach Haida Gwaii Monday evening.
Strong southeasterlies shift to strong southwesterlies in the wake
Of the first system. Strong to gale force southeasterlies will
redevelop ahead of the second system.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: