Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 28 April 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 knots near midnight and to southeast 25 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early Saturday morning and to east 40 to 50 late Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to southeast 35 Saturday afternoon and to east 20 early Saturday evening. Wind increasing to north 20 to 30 late Saturday evening.
Rain beginning late overnight and ending early Saturday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 28 April 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 28 April 2017 Tonight and Saturday By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
At 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying low 1003 mb located west
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday low 993 mb located over eastern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PDT 28 April 2017 A developing low will approach Bowie overnight then track across
Eastern Bowie Saturday morning to reach Haida Gwaii in the afternoon.
Winds will increase to gale to storm force southeast over the north
and central waters ahead of the low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: