Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 12 October 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 knots increasing to southwest 25 to 35 early Tuesday morning then diminishing to southwest 20 late Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 Tuesday afternoon.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 12 October 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 12 October 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over western Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday dissipating trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape St. James.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PDT 12 October 2015 An approaching trough of low pressure will move across Bowie
Tonight and Haida Gwaii on Tuesday. Ahead of the front, gale force
southerlies over Bowie will spread to northern waters overnight and
Tuesday morning. In its wake, winds will ease to moderate to strong
westerly on Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: