Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 27 March 2017
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind east 5 to 15 knots increasing to east 15 to 25 late overnight then diminishing to light Tuesday morning.
Periods of rain ending early Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 27 March 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over Queen
By noon PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line north-south
over central Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM PDT 27 March 2017 A frontal system lying over Queen Charlotte Sound will slowly track
across Northern Vancouver Island tonight. Gale force southerlies
Will continue to develop over central and northern waters late this
Marginal southerly storm force winds will develop briefly from
Southern Hecate Strait to the headlands of Vancouver Island late this
evening. Winds will ease to strong westerlies in the wake of the
front on Tuesday.
In addition, as the frontal wave slides down the coast on Tuesday,
southeast gale force winds will develop over Northern Strait of
Georgia Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: