Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 May 2017
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots becoming northwest 20 to 30 early Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 May 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 May 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located 400 miles west of Haida
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday approaching ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM PDT 23 May 2017 A strong cold front in a northeast to southwest line over the Lower
Mainland will move inland tonight. A strong ridge of high pressure
well offshore will move eastward and will reach Northwestern Bowie
Strong to gale to force northwesterly winds will prevail over the BC
coastal waters tonight in the wake of the cold front. Winds will
Ease to light to moderate over most inner South Coast waters on
Wednesday but will remain strong to gale force off the west coast of
Vancouver Island and over most central and northern waters ahead of
the approaching ridge.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: