Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 19 November 2017
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 5 to 15 knots backing to south 15 this evening then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Monday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Monday evening.
A few showers ending near midnight. Rain beginning Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 07:45 AM PST 19 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 19 November 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southern Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line north-south
over the eastern Gulf of Alaska.
By 10:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
north-south over northern Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PST 19 November 2017 A frontal system on a northeast to southwest line through Northern
Vancouver Island will move southwards to lie through the Lower
Mainland by late this afternoon. A second front will move across
Haida Gwaii on Monday evening.
Gale force southerly winds will prevail ahead of the first front
And then ease to moderate westerly behind the system. Winds will
Rise to gale force southerly ahead of the second front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: