Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 09 February 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 20 to 30 knots becoming southeast 25 to 35 early this afternoon then becoming south 25 late this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 35 Wednesday morning then diminishing to southeast 20 to 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Periods of rain beginning early this evening and ending Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 09 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 9 February 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 974 mb located west of Explorer.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight low 970 mb located west of Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday low 980 mb located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday low 978 mb located west of Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PST 9 February 2016 A 970 millibar low will track west of the offshore waters today.
Ahead of the low gale force easterly or southeasterly winds will
develop over the offshore, northern, and central waters today. Strong
to gale force southeasterlies will prevail over most waters on
Wednesday as another low tracks offshore.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: