Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 16 October 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 15 knots increasing to northwest 25 to 35 near midnight then diminishing to west 20 early Tuesday morning. Wind backing to south 15 Tuesday afternoon then increasing to southeast 35 to 45 early Tuesday evening.
A few showers ending late Tuesday morning with a risk of thunderstorms. Rain beginning early Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 October 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 October 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located west of the
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM PDT 16 October 2017 A cold front over Northern Vancouver Island will move across the
South Coast tonight and early Tuesday morning. Strong to gale force
southerly winds over the southern waters will shift to strong to
Gale force northwesterlies in the wake of the front.
Another frontal system will approach the northern and central waters
late Tuesday. Winds will rise quickly to gale to storm force
southeasterlies ahead of the system Tuesday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: