Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 10 February 2016
Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 after midnight and to southeast 40 early Thursday evening.
Periods of rain beginning late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PST 10 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 10 February 2016 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday low 990 mb located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday low 982 mb located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 10 February 2016 Near gale to gale force southerly winds will persist for most of the
northern waters tonight.
Widespread southeast gales will redevelop Thursday morning over the
outer waters as a frontal system arrives. By Thursday evening the
frontal system will lie through Hecate Strait and the headlands
giving near storm force southeasterly winds.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: