Dixon Entrance West
Issued 04:00 AM PST 24 January 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 this afternoon then diminishing to south 15 to 25 overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain changing to chance of showers overnight and Wednesday.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 04:00 AM PST 24 January 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 24 January 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located on a line north-south
over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday weakening frontal system located on a
line north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM PST 24 January 2017 A frontal system approaching the northern offshore waters will move
across the northern waters tonight and Wednesday morning. Gale force
southeasterlies will develop ahead of the front. Winds will shift to
moderate to strong southwest in the wake the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: