Dixon Entrance West
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 01 September 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northwest 20 early Wednesday morning.
Showers ending early Wednesday morning with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 9:30 PM PDT 01 September 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 1 September 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 998 mb located over Queen Charlotte
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday weakening low 1002 mb located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located on a
line northwest-southeast over the North Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:43 AM PDT 2 September 2015 A low pressure centre will remain over the Central Coast today.
Strong to gale force northwesterly winds will continue today over the
northern and central waters. Winds will ease tonight as the low
weakens and a ridge of high pressure builds over Bowie.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: