Dixon Entrance West
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 21 July 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 this evening and to south 5 to 15 Saturday evening.
Periods of rain ending Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 10:30 AM PDT 21 July 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 21 July 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening frontal system located on a
line north-south over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday building ridge located from Explorer to
Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PDT 21 July 2017 A frontal system over Haida Gwaii will slowly move eastward and lie
in a north to south line through Cape Scott by early Saturday
morning. Southeast gales ahead of the front will shift to moderate
To strong southwest in the wake of the front.
The front will dissipate on Saturday while making its way to cross
the South Coast. A ridge of high pressure will build over Queen
Charlotte Sound Saturday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: