Dixon Entrance West
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 24 April 2017
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to east 10 to 20 knots late overnight and to east 20 to 30 early Tuesday afternoon. Wind increasing to east 30 to 35 late Tuesday afternoon.
A few showers beginning early Tuesday afternoon.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 11:14 PM PDT 24 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 April 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday dissipating ridge located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located west of the
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located west of Vancouver
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday low 990 mb located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low 988 mb located over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:31 PM PDT 24 April 2017 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters overnight
Tonight. Ahead of the front, gale force southeasterly winds will
develop over most BC waters on Tuesday with storm force southeast
winds expected near the headlands of Northwest Vancouver Island. In
wake of the front, gale force westerly winds are expected over parts
of Bowie and Explorer late Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: