Dixon Entrance West
Issued 09:30 PM PST 09 December 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Wind easterly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to northerly 10 to 15 Saturday morning.
Chance of showers.
Temperatures plus 5 falling to zero Saturday evening.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 9 December 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 996 mb located over northern Explorer.
By 10:00 p.m. PST Saturday weakening low 1000 mb located 60 miles
southwest of Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM PST 9 December 2016 An Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain over the British
Columbia Interior and will build slightly over the northern and
Central Interior Saturday night. Meanwhile, a weak area of low
pressure will lie off the west coast of Vancouver Island.
Gale force outflow winds are expected through the mainland inlets
through Saturday. Cold temperatures well below freezing will produce
moderate freezing spray through Douglas Channel. Gale force winds are
also forecast near the low centre, mainly off Northwestern Vancouver
island and over Explorer.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: