Dixon Entrance West
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 26 April 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to southwest 30 near midnight then diminishing to southwest 20 Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 30 Monday evening.
A few showers.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 26 April 2015 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary low 980 mb located over
the northern Gulf of Alaska.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located over Queen Charlotte
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening cold front located over
At 10:00 p.m. PDT Monday deepening low located over the offshore
By 6:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday low 980 mb located near Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM PDT 26 April 2015 A 980 MB low in the Northern Gulf of Alaska will weaken slowly
tonight and Monday. A cold front just west of Cape Scott late this
afternoon will weaken over Central Vancouver Island this evening.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies shift to strong
Southwesterlies behind the front.
A second low will develop offshore on Monday. Gale force
southeasterlies ahead of the low will reach storm force Monday
Night as the low approaches North Coast waters. Winds will shift
rapidly to gale to storm force westerlies in the wake of the low
By Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: