Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 21 January 2017
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots except northeast 30 to 40 near Portland Inlet.
Chance of showers overnight and Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 21 January 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 21 January 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight building ridge located over northern
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening low 982 mb located 280 miles
southwest of Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday approaching low 972 mb located 300 miles
west of Astoria.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PST 21 January 2017 An area of low pressure off Bowie will weaken tonight. A deeper and
more intense low will take its place south of Explorer on Sunday.
Meanwhile, an Arctic ridge of high pressure remain stationary over
the Northern BC Interior.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies will diminish tonight as
The first low weakens. Gale to storm force easterlies will develop
off the west coast of Vancouver Island on Sunday ahead of the next
low. Strong to gale force northeast outflow winds will develop
through the mainland inlets tonight as the ridge builds and continue
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: