Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 26 September 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 knots diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 early this afternoon. Wind southeast 20 to 30 tonight. Wind southeast 15 to 25 Wednesday.
Periods of rain or drizzle and fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 September 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 September 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday cold front located over Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:20 AM PDT 26 September 2017 A low pressure system will remain over the Gulf of Alaska and the
associated cold front will slowly move to lie over Bowie on
Wednesday. Winds will rise to strong to gale force southerly winds
over Bowie today and spread towards the Northern Mainland coast
The majority of southern waters will remain under the influence of a
high pressure ridge. Light to moderate winds are forecast to prevail
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: