Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 29 April 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 5 to 15 knots backing to southerly 5 to 15 early this evening then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Saturday morning and to southeast 35 to 45 Saturday afternoon.
Periods of rain beginning overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 29 April 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 29 April 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 AM PDT 29 April 2016 A building ridge of high pressure over Haida Gwaii today will produce
strong to gale force west to northwest winds over southern waters.
A frontal system will approach Bowie this evening and move onto the
North Coast by Saturday afternoon. Gale force southeasterly winds
will develop ahead of the front over northern waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: