Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 20 October 2016
Today Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 this evening then diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 Friday afternoon.
Periods of rain. Risk of thunderstorms today.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 October 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 October 2016 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing frontal system located over
At 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight low located off Bowie.
By 10:00 a.m. PDT Friday departing low located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PDT 20 October 2016 An approaching low pressure system will move into Bowie tonight and
track north towards the Alaskan Panhandle Friday evening. Ahead of
the low, southerly gales will develop over the offshore waters this
afternoon and spread to northern and central waters tonight. Winds
will veer to strong to gale force westerlies over the offshore waters
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: