Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 17 November 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to south 10 to 20 late overnight then backing to east 10 to 15 early Saturday evening.
Rain changing to a few showers near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 17 November 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening low 994 mb located over the
Gulf of Alaska.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday low 1004 mb located west of Explorer.
By 1:00 p.m. PST Saturday low 999 mb located near Cape St. James.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PST 17 November 2017 A low pressure system will remain over the Gulf of Alaska through
tonight. Strong to gale force southwesterly winds will continue over
most northern and central waters tonight.
Another low pressure system will develop west of Explorer Saturday
morning. The system will move northeastward across Explorer and reach
Southern Hecate Strait late Saturday afternoon. The associated front
will remain on a line northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Gale to storm force southerly winds will develop over central and
southern waters on Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: