Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 05 February 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots backing to southwest 10 to 20 near midnight then increasing to westerly 25 to 35 early Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to south 10 to 15 near noon Saturday then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Saturday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 05 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 5 February 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today cold front located on a line north-south
over the Central Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today cold front located over central Vancouver
At 10:30 a.m. PST today disturbance located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening disturbance located over Queen
At 10:30 a.m. PST Saturday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:29 AM PST 5 February 2016 A cold front over the Central Coast this morning will move
southeastward and reach the southern waters this afternoon. Storm to
gale force southeasterlies over central waters ahead of the front
will continue late this morning. Gale force southeasterly winds
Will spread to the inner south coastal waters today.
A disturbance will move into western offshore waters later this
afternoon. The disturbance will move eastward and reach Queen
Charlotte Sound this evening. Strong to gale force westerlies will
develop over parts of the central and northern waters along the track
of the disturbance.
An approaching frontal system will spread strong to gale force
southeasterly winds over central and northern waters late in the day
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: