Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 06 February 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to southerly 15 to 25 early this evening and to southeast 25 to 35 late this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 40 to 50 late overnight then diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 near noon Sunday. Wind diminishing to east 10 to 20 Sunday afternoon then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Sunday evening.
Rain beginning near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 06 February 2016
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 6 February 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the South Coast.
By 5:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PST 6 February 2016 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters this afternoon.
The system will move eastward to Bowie by Sunday morning and will
reach the North Coast by Sunday afternoon. Ahead of the front, gale
to storm force southeasterly winds will prevail over northern and
central waters later today through Sunday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: