Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 23 October 2016
Today Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots except northeasterly outflow 35 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 35 late this morning then diminishing to northeast 15 to 25 late this evening except northeasterly outflow 35 near Portland Inlet late this evening overnight and Monday morning.
A few showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 23 October 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 23 October 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 993 mb located 30 miles south of Cape
By 5:00 a.m. PDT today low 993 mb located 100 miles west of Langara.
At 8:00 p.m. PDT Monday low 973 mb located over southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM PDT 23 October 2016 A low just south of Cape St James will track northward
Reaching Langara Island this afternoon.
Winds will rise to gale to storm force east to southeast to
50 knots near the low.
A stronger low moving northward will lie over Southwestern Explorer
Winds will rise to storm force east to southeast ahead of the low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: