Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 06 February 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 40 to 50 late overnight then diminishing to southeast 30 to 40 near noon Sunday.
Rain beginning near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 06 February 2016
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 6 February 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the South Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM PST 6 February 2016 A frontal system over Western Bowie will move eastward to Haida Gwaii
by Sunday morning and will reach the North Coast by Sunday afternoon.
Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southeasterly winds will
prevail over northern and central waters tonight through Sunday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: