Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 29 April 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 early this morning and to southeast 35 to 45 late this morning. Wind backing to east 25 to 35 early this evening then diminishing to north 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind increasing to west 20 to 30 overnight then diminishing to west 10 to 20 Sunday morning.
Rain beginning early this morning changing to a few showers near midnight and ending Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 29 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 29 April 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday By 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today intensifying low 997 mb located west
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today low 997 mb located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM PDT 29 April 2017 A low just west of Bowie will track across Bowie this morning to
reach Haida Gwaii in the afternoon. Winds will increase to gale to
storm force southeast over the north and central waters ahead of the
low then shift to strong to gale force westerly in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: