Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 18 December 2014
Tonight and Friday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots except northeast 35 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 35 early Friday morning then increasing to southeast 40 to 50 Friday evening.
A few showers with a risk of thunderstorms changing to rain Friday evening.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 18 December 2014
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 18 December 2014 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located over
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday departing trough located from Bowie to
the North Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Friday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:09 PM PST 18 December 2014 In the wake of a front, gale force southeasterlies over northern and
southern coastal waters will ease to moderate to strong southerlies
late this evening.
On Friday a trough of low pressure will track across northern waters.
Ahead of the trough, gale force southeasterlies over the offshore
waters will spread to the North Coast Friday morning. Winds will
shift to strong to gale force southwesterly in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: