Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 21 October 2017
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots except northeasterly outflow 25 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming southerly 20 after midnight. Wind southerly 20 Sunday.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 October 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 974 mb located north of Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday weakening low 1002 mb located over the
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday departing frontal system located over
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Sunday building ridge located over the South
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PDT 21 October 2017 A frontal system over Central Vancouver Island this evening
Will move inland tonight, bringing strong to gale force
southeasterlies to the southern waters. Winds will shift to strong
southerly in its wake, with a large area of gale force
southwesterlies developing off the outer coast and over the offshore
waters tonight, due to a low pressure centre passing to the north
Of Bowie. Winds will rise further to local storm force
southwesterlies over the offshore waters overnight. Winds will
Ease to moderate to strong southerly Sunday afternoon as the low
weakens over the Alaska Panhandle and a ridge of high pressure
Builds over the South Coast.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Summer 2017: Significant weather across Canada
By analyzing weather events, ECCC is collecting more information as to how our climate is changing.
- Date modified: