Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 25 April 2017
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots except light near the mainland coast. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 35 late this evening except southeast 15 to 25 near the mainland coast late this evening overnight and Wednesday morning. Wind becoming southwest 25 Wednesday afternoon then diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 25 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 25 April 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located from Vancouver
Island to Haida Gwaii.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing frontal system located over
the Mainland Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 989 mb located 90 miles west of
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday departing low 998 mb located off the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PDT 25 April 2017 A Pacific front will move through the coast tonight. A 990 millibar
low over Southern Bowie will move slowly northeastward to lie over
the west coast of Haida Gwaii overnight tonight and then off the
Alaska Panhandle Wednesday afternoon.
Southeast gales are forecast ahead of the front tonight over most
central and northern waters while winds will remain below gale
Force over the inner South Coast. Winds will shift to moderate to
strong west or southwest behind the front. A large area of gale
force westerlies will follow the low centre off the west coast of
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: