Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 03 December 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 near noon Sunday then becoming east 10 to 20 Sunday evening.
A few showers with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 03 December 2016
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 3 December 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 7:00 p.m. PST Sunday weakening low 1006 mb located over Bowie.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight building ridge located over the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located on a line east-west over
northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PST 3 December 2016 A low pressure centre will remain nearly stationary over the Gulf Of
Alaska through Sunday morning. The low will start to drift southward
and lie over Bowie Sunday evening. Gale to storm force westerlies
over northern and central waters will gradually diminish on Sunday as
the low weakens.
A ridge of high pressure will build over the Northern Vancouver
Island tonight. Winds in the south will rise to strong to gale force
northwesterlies tonight as the ridge strengthens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: