Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 07 October 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 this morning and to southeast 25 to 35 early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 35 to 45 near noon Thursday.
Rain beginning this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 07 October 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 7 October 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary low located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM PDT 7 October 2015 A large deepening low pressure system will remain west of the
offshore waters this week. Ahead of the low, gale force southeasterly
winds will develop this morning over central and offshore waters and
spread to northern waters tonight.
On Thursday, southeasterly winds over most of the outer waters will
increase to gale or storm force as a disturbance moves through the
A series of disturbances will continue to develop and rotate around
the system and move across BC waters this week. Gale to storm force
southerly winds are expected through Sunday over most waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: