Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 17 April 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light early this evening then increasing to southeast 10 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Chance of showers Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 17 April 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Vancouver.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located over Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT Saturday approaching frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PDT 17 April 2015 A cold front in a northeast to southwest line near Vancouver this
afternoon will move into the BC Interior this evening. A ridge of
high pressure will build over Haida Gwaii and will move slowly
eastward to lie in a north to south line over Queen Charlotte
Sound by Saturday afternoon.
Strong northwest winds in the wake of the cold front will continue
this evening for Georgia Strait and Johnstone Strait. Strong to gale
force northwest winds will continue this evening for eastern sections
of the strait of Juan de Fuca and the west coast of Vancouver Island.
Winds will ease to light later tonight as the ridge builds in.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: