Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 07 February 2016
Tonight and Monday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots except northeasterly outflow 35 near the mainland inlets. Wind increasing to southeast 40 to 50 near midnight then diminishing to southeast 30 to 40 Monday afternoon. Wind diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 07 February 2016
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 7 February 2016 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Hecate Strait.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Alaska panhandle.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight low 1003 mb located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday low 1007 mb located over the eastern Gulf
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:09 PM PST 7 February 2016 A frontal system on a line northeast-southwest through Central Hecate
Strait will migrate northwestward to reach Northern Bowie by Monday
morning and the Alaskan Panhandle by Monday afternoon. Gale to storm
force southerly or southeasterly winds will prevail over most
northern and central waters through Monday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: