Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 28 March 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind east 15 to 25 knots veering to southerly 10 to 20 near noon then diminishing to light overnight. Wind becoming northwest 15 Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain ending Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
By noon PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over central Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low located over southern Explorer.
By 12:30 p.m. PDT Wednesday departing low located over the South
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM PDT 28 March 2017 A frontal system lying over Northern Vancouver Island will slowly
track south today and stall over Central Vancouver Island. Southeast
gales will develop over Queen Charlotte Strait, Johnstone Strait and
Northern Strait of Georgia early this morning. Winds will drop below
gale force but remain strong this evening.
A low will approach the southern waters early on Wednesday. The low
is forecast to cross Vancouver Island Wednesday afternoon. Marginal
southeast gales will develop along the western coast of Vancouver
Island early on Wednesday. Southeast gales will redevelop over
Northern Strait of Georgia as well early on Wednesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: