Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 26 October 2016
Today Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to easterly 15 to 25 early this afternoon and to east 10 to 15 this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Thursday morning.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 October 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 October 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening low 998 mb located over central
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating low located over northwestern
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 996 mb located south of Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 996 mb located over northern Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:39 AM PDT 26 October 2016 A 998 MB low over Bowie will track slowly northward and dissipate
over Northwestern Bowie tonight. A second low will approach Southern
Explorer from the south this afternoon.
Gales over northern waters will ease this morning. The second low
will bring southeast gales across Juan de Fuca and southern regions
of West Vancouver Island today and to the inner straits tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: