Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 25 April 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots early this morning and to southeast 15 to 25 late this morning. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this evening then becoming southwest 20 to 30 Wednesday afternoon.
A few showers beginning late this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 25 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 25 April 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today dissipating ridge located over the Lower
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of the offshore
By midnight PDT tonight frontal system located over the Mainland
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 992 mb located off Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low 988 mb located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:28 AM PDT 25 April 2017 A Pacific front will move across the offshore waters today and then
across the remaining areas tonight. A trailing 990 MB low west of
Southern Bowie will move slowly northeastward to lie over Northern
Bowie overnight tonight and then north of Bowie Wednesday afternoon.
Southeast gales will develop ahead of the front today except
Reach locally storm force over Queen Charlotte Sound and West Coast
Vancouver Island North. Winds will remain below gale strength over
the inner South Coast. In the wake of the front, winds will ease to
strong westerly in the south and shift to gale force southwesterly
In the north.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: