Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 18 November 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind south 10 to 20 knots becoming northeast 10 to 20 early this evening then backing to northwest 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind backing to southwest 5 to 15 Sunday morning.
A few showers ending Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 18 November 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape St. James.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 1001 mb located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today low 997 mb located near Cape St. James.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PST 18 November 2017 A 1001 millibar low developing west of Explorer will move
northeastward to lie near cape St. James late this afternoon and
The mainland North Coast this evening. An associated frontal system
on a northeast to southwest line through Northern Queen Charlotte
Sound will move slowly southwards to lie through Northern Vancouver
Island by early Sunday morning then cross the South Coast on Sunday.
Gale force southerly winds will prevail ahead of the front. Winds
will rise to storm force southeasterly this afternoon near Northern
Vancouver Island and over the central waters as the low approaches.
Winds will ease to moderate to strong westerlies behind the low and
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: