Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 19 December 2014
Today Tonight and Saturday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots except northeast 25 to 35 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 35 this morning then increasing to southeast 40 to 50 late this evening except northeast 35 near Portland Inlet. Wind diminishing to southeasterly 25 to 35 overnight except northeast 30 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming southwest 25 Saturday afternoon.
A few showers with a risk of thunderstorms changing to rain this evening. Chance of showers Saturday.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 19 December 2014
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 19 December 2014 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing trough located on a line east-west
over the Alaska panhandle.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday departing frontal system located on a
line north-south over the North Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:37 AM PST 19 December 2014 A trough of low pressure over the offshore waters will track across
northern waters today. Gale force southeasterlies ahead of the trough
will shift to strong to gale force southwesterly in its wake.
Another frontal system will track across the outer BC waters tonight.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the front
and shift to strong to gale force southwesterly in its wake. Over
The inner South Coast, southeast gales will develop tonight and
diminish Saturday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: