Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 07 December 2016
Tonight and Thursday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northeasterly 10 to 20 knots except northeasterly outflow 35 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming northeast 20 early this evening except northeasterly outflow 40 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming northeast 25 to 35 early Thursday morning except northeasterly outflow 50 near Portland Inlet.
Temperatures near minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 07 December 2016
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 7 December 2016 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight deepening frontal system located southwest
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located over Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PST 7 December 2016 An Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain over the BC Interior
this evening and Thursday. Gale force outflow winds are occurring
through mainland inlets. Storm force outflow winds will develop
through mainland inlets through tonight. Cold temperatures from the
Arctic outflow winds will give a risk of moderate freezing spray near
most mainland inlets.
A strong frontal system will approach Explorer and lie just
Southwest by Thursday morning. Gale to storm force southeasterlies
ahead of the system will spread to most South Coast regions.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: