Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 31 January 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 15 to 25 knots except northeasterly outflow 35 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming easterly 30 near midnight except northeast 45 near Portland Inlet.
Rain beginning this evening.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 31 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 31 January 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located off the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today building ridge located over northern
At noon PST Sunday low 1004 mb located over southern Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:20 AM PST 31 January 2015 An approaching Pacific frontal system will move across the offshore
waters today ending up along the coast by early Sunday morning.
Ahead of the system, strong to gale force southeasterlies over the
offshore waters will spread across the central and northern waters
this afternoon. In addition, gale force northeasterly outflow winds
will continue near Portland Inlet through Sunday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: