Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 19 September 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots becoming northerly 10 to 15 late this evening then increasing to northerly 15 to 25 Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 19 September 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today departing low 1004 mb located 10 miles west
of Juan de Fuca Strait.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line east-west over
the central Alaska panhandle.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line east-west over
northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday approaching ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southern Alaska panhandle.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PDT 19 September 2017 A weakening low just off Southern Vancouver Island will move south of
the area this morning. A trailing trough of low pressure over the
Alaskan Panhandle will then push southward down the coast tonight.
On Wednesday, a ridge of high pressure currently well offshore will
build strongly towards the North Coast.
In the wake of this morning's low, moderate to strong northwest winds
will build briefly over southern waters but will ease again tonight
as the trough approaches. On Wednesday, strong to gale force
northwest winds will spread across northern and central waters as the
ridge builds towards the coast.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hurricanes and Climate Change
Hurricanes and Climate Change, is there a link?
- Date modified: