Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 16 August 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots increasing to south 25 Thursday morning and to southeast 30 to 40 early Thursday afternoon. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 Thursday evening.
A few showers changing to rain late Thursday morning then to a few showers Thursday evening. Fog patches forming after midnight and dissipating Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PDT 16 August 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 16 August 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northwestern Vancouver Island.
At 2:00 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Haida Gwaii.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Thursday weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 PM PDT 16 August 2017 A ridge of high pressure will remain over Northern Vancouver Island.
On Thursday, a frontal system will reach Bowie in the morning and
will move through the North Coast during the day, reaching the
Central Coast in the evening.
Light to moderate variable winds will prevail for most of the South
Coast tonight and Thursday. Moderate to strong westerlies through
Juan de Fuca Strait will reach gale force tonight.
Over the North Coast, gale force southeast winds will develop ahead
of the next frontal system and Thursday and will shift to strong
West or southwesterly in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: