Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 29 August 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots backing to south 15 to 25 after midnight then increasing to southeast 35 to 45 Sunday morning. Wind veering to southwest 25 to 35 Sunday afternoon then becoming west 25 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 August 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 August 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 6:00 a.m. PDT Sunday trough located on a line north-south
By 6:00 p.m. PDT Sunday trough located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:38 PM PDT 29 August 2015 A trough of low pressure will move towards the BC coast on Sunday
reaching Cape Scott late in the afternoon.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies to 45 knots are expected
Ahead of the trough on Sunday over most BC coastal waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: