Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 August 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 early this evening and to variable 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Thursday afternoon.
Rain ending early Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 August 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 August 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening low 1007 mb located over northern
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Thursday dissipating low 1011 mb located over
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 PM PDT 23 August 2017 A weakening low will reside over Northern Bowie tonight. Strong to
gale force southerlies over Hecate Strait will ease to light winds
later tonight as the low weakens.
Marginal gale force winds can also continue through Juan de Fuca
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: