Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 06 May 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind light increasing to south 15 to 25 knots late this morning and to south 25 to 30 late this afternoon. Wind veering to west 15 to 25 after midnight.
Rain beginning late this afternoon changing to a few showers Saturday morning and ending Saturday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 6 May 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over northern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located over
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday building ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PDT 6 May 2016 A ridge located over Queen Charlotte Sound is producing strong to
gale force northwesterly winds over parts of the southern waters.
A frontal system located over Northern Bowie is producing strong to
gale force southerly winds over Bowie this morning.
The ridge will rebuild on Saturday afternoon, bringing strong to gale
force west and northwesterly winds over southern waters. Strong gale
force westerly winds are expected to develop over Juan de Fuca Strait
- east entrance on Saturday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Are you and your family ready to face an emergency?
Know the risks, make a plan and get a kit!
Alberta Emergency Alert: Stop. Listen. Respond Follow us on Twitter: @AB_EmergAlert
Download the Alberta Emergency Alert mobile application at www.emergencyalert.alberta.ca or text ALBERTA to 965965
Find out how your community may be affected by wildfire smoke
Canada’s Wildfire Smoke Prediction System
- Date modified: