Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 29 August 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 25 after midnight and to southeast 35 to 45 Sunday morning. Wind veering to southwest 25 to 35 Sunday afternoon.
Rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 August 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 August 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 989 mb located over the Central Coast.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating low located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located on a line north-south
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Sunday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 990 mb located off the Gulf of Alaska.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Sunday low 980 mb located north of Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:16 PM PDT 29 August 2015 An intense 990 MB low passing from Vancouver Island to the Central
Coast will move into the interior and dissipate this evening.
Gusty and variable gale force southerlies are occurring
Over South Coast waters and will ease this evening.
Over northern waters, a second but weaker frontal system, is crossing
Hecate Strait. A low pressure centre dropping from the north will
bring another round of gales to the north and Central Coast on
Sunday, then spread to the South Coast on Sunday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: