Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 25 April 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 this afternoon and to southeast 25 to 35 this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 40 to 50 late overnight then diminishing to southwest 25 near noon Sunday.
Periods of rain beginning after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PDT 25 April 2015
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 25 April 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over the South Coast.
At 6:00 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying cold front located over the
western offshore waters.
By 7:00 a.m. PDT Sunday cold front located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 25 April 2015 A low will pass west of offshore waters tonight and will deepen
To 977 MB as it moves into the Northern Gulf of Alaska. A leading
cold front will reach Haida Gwaii Sunday morning.
Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southeasterly winds will
develop tonight over BC coastal waters and will shift to strong
southwesterlies behind the front on Sunday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: