Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 23 March 2017
Today Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots diminishing to east 5 to 15 early this afternoon then increasing to easterly 15 to 25 this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late overnight then diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 Friday evening.
Chance of showers changing to rain early this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 March 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located over Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located from Queen Charlotte
Sound to Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday low located over northern Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday low located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:12 AM PDT 23 March 2017 A cold front will track across Explorer this morning then lie along
the coast stretched from Hecate Strait to Vancouver Island by this
evening. Ahead of the front, gale force southeasterlies over Explorer
will spread eastwards over most marine regions by this afternoon.
Winds will increase to storm force southeasterlies this afternoon
over waters just west of Vancouver Island as the front approaches.
The winds will ease to marginal gale force southeasterlies tonight.
The low pressure centre associated with the cold front will slowly
drift from the offshore waters to Haida Gwaii Friday. The winds ahead
of the low will be marginal gale force southeasterly winds. The winds
behind the low will shift to marginal gale force northwest winds.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: