Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 24 April 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots becoming southeast 10 to 15 late Saturday morning then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Saturday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 April 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 April 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located on a line
north-south over the western offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday intensifying cold front located over
the western offshore waters.
By 6:00 a.m. PDT Sunday cold front located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM PDT 24 April 2015 A low will pass west of BC waters Saturday night and will deepen
To 980 MB as it moves into the Northern Gulf of Alaska. A leading
cold front will reach Haida Gwaii near dawn Sunday morning.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies will spread over the offshore
waters Saturday afternoon and onto the North Coast Saturday evening.
Storm force southeasterlies are likely ahead of the front over
northern waters Saturday night and early Sunday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: