Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 19 October 2017
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots veering to west 20 early this evening then backing to southwest 5 to 15 early Friday morning. Wind increasing to southerly 15 to 25 Friday afternoon.
Showers with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 19 October 2017 Tonight and Friday At 5:00 p.m. PDT Friday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PDT 19 October 2017 A low pressure centre that was north of Haida Gwaii this morning
Has now moved northeast over BC. Due to this a few lingering
northwesterly gales are present over the offshore waters. These
Gales will diminish very soon.
Another frontal system will approach Explorer late Friday afternoon
with southeast gales developing ahead of it into Friday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Summer 2017: Significant weather across Canada
By analyzing weather events, ECCC is collecting more information as to how our climate is changing.
- Date modified: