Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 05 February 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots increasing to westerly 25 to 35 early Saturday morning then diminishing to southerly 10 to 15 near noon Saturday. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early Saturday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 05 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 5 February 2016 Tonight and Saturday By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing cold front located over the
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight disturbance located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday departing disturbance located over
At 10:30 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Saturday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 5 February 2016 A cold front over the Lower Mainland will move to Washington state
tonight. Strong to gale force westerly winds will continue this
evening over parts of the inner south coastal waters behind the
A disturbance west of Haida Gwaii will move eastward tonight and
reach Hecate Strait by early Saturday morning. Strong to gale force
westerlies will develop over parts of the central and northern waters
along the track of the disturbance.
An approaching frontal system will spread gale to storm force
southeasterly winds over central and northern waters late in the day
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: