Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 24 April 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots late overnight and to southeast 15 to 25 Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday afternoon.
A few showers beginning Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 April 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located west of the
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located west of Vancouver
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday low 990 mb located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low 987 mb located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PDT 24 April 2017 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters overnight
Tonight. Ahead of the front, gale to marginal storm force
southeasterly winds will develop over most BC waters on Tuesday. In
wake of the front, gale force westerly winds are expected over parts
of Bowie and Explorer late Tuesday afternoon and Tuesday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: