Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 04 December 2016
Today Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 near noon then becoming east 10 to 20 this evening. Wind backing to northeast 20 near midnight except northeasterly outflow 30 to 40 near Portland Inlet.
A few showers ending late overnight with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 04 December 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 4 December 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening low 1006 mb located over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 4 December 2016 A low pressure centre over the Gulf of Alaska will move southward
And reach Bowie by evening. Gale force westerly or northwesterly
winds will continue over parts of central and northern waters today
and tonight. The gale force winds will spread to southern offshore
waters on Monday.
A ridge of high pressure over Northern Vancouver Island will weaken
this evening. Strong to marginal gale force westerly or northwesterly
winds will continue over parts of the inner south coastal waters
through this afternoon.
A ridge of high pressure will build over the BC Interior on Monday.
This system in combination with a low pressure system over the BC
waters will produce gale force outflow winds through the mainland
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: