Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 08 December 2016
Today Tonight and Friday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northeast 20 knots except northeasterly outflow 40 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming northeast 25 to 35 early this morning except northeasterly outflow 50 near Portland Inlet today and tonight and northeasterly outflow 40 near Portland Inlet overnight and Friday.
Temperatures minus 2 rising to plus 6 overnight then falling to minus 1 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 08 December 2016
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 8 December 2016 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today deepening frontal system located west of
the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday frontal system located over northwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 8 December 2016 An Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain over the BC Interior
today through Friday. Storm force outflow winds are expected through
mainland inlets today. Cold temperatures from the Arctic outflow
winds will give a risk of moderate freezing spray near most mainland
A strong frontal system west of the offshore waters will approach
Explorer this morning. Gale to storm force easterlies and
southeasterlies ahead of the system will spread to south and central
waters. Storm force southwesterlies are expected over the offshore
water by Friday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: