Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 01 March 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this evening and to southeast 35 to 45 late overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 Thursday morning.
Showers and chance of flurries.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 01 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 1 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1:00 a.m. PST Thursday cold front from low located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Thursday cold front located on a line north-south
over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday weakening cold front located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:16 AM PST 1 March 2017 An approaching low pressure centre will move northeast through Bowie
tonight. The associated cold front will track across the offshore
waters tonight and Haida Gwaii Thursday morning, then slide
southwards down the BC coast Thursday afternoon.
Ahead of the front, gale force southerly winds will develop over the
offshore, central and northern waters tonight then shift to westerly
gales Thursday morning in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: