Issued 07:00 PM MDT 13 October 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 knots Wednesday afternoon then backing to west 20 Wednesday evening.
Chance of flurries overnight and Wednesday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning Wednesday evening.
Low tonight minus 13. High Wednesday minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 October 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 3 tenths of new ice along parts of the coasts.
Warnings (In effect)
DeaseIssued 7:00 PM MDT 13 October 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 13 October 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday quasi-stationary ridge located from 78N 140W
to 73N 121W then to 67N 104W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday deepening low 992 mb located at 71N 62W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 982 mb located at 71N 66W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: