Issued 08:52 PM MDT 20 October 2016
Tonight and Friday
Wind northeast 15 knots veering to southeast 20 early Friday evening.
Chance of flurries. Fog patches dissipating early Friday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Temperatures near minus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 October 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 6 tenths of new ice along the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
DeaseIssued 8:52 PM MDT 20 October 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 20 October 2016 Tonight and Friday At 0000 UTC Friday low 1002 mb located at 70N 64W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 1004 mb located at 66N 57W.
At 0000 UTC Friday high 1018 mb located at 66N 91W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday high 1026 mb located at 70N 93W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: