Issued 07:00 AM MDT 27 September 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 25 knots backing to north 25 early Wednesday morning then increasing to northwest 35 Wednesday evening.
Rain and chance of snow changing to a few showers and chance of flurries early Wednesday morning then to periods of light snow near noon Wednesday and ending Wednesday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 September 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
CoronationIssued 07:00 AM MDT 27 September 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 27 September 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday deepening low 996 mb located at 61N 115W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 994 mb located at 64N 98W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday trough located from 80N 67W to 68N 86W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday trough located from 75N 70W to 68N 55W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday ridge located from 79N 103W to 65N 100W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from 77N 83W to 70N 68W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: