Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 28 April 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 30 to 40 knots except southwest 15 to 25 over northwestern sections. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 late overnight then increasing to south 25 to 35 near noon Wednesday. Wind veering to west 25 to 35 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 April 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing low 980 mb located over the
southern Alaska panhandle.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing cold front located over the
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
over Vancouver Island.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:32 AM PDT 28 April 2015 An intense 980 millibar low just over the Southern Alaskan Panhandle
late this morning will move rapidly northwards today.
Strong to gale force southwest winds will dominate across most of the
northern waters today and ease below gales tonight.
Marginal gale force westerly winds across the Juan de Fuca Strait
will ease to strong winds by early this afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: