Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 31 January 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 30 to 40 knots diminishing to east 20 to 30 Sunday afternoon and to variable 15 Sunday evening.
Periods of rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 31 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 31 January 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today building ridge located over northern BC
At noon PST Sunday low 1004 mb located over southern Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PST 31 January 2015 A Pacific frontal system over Western Bowie will move across the
offshore waters and reach the coast by early Sunday morning. Ahead of
the system, strong to gale force southeasterlies over the central and
northern waters will continue tonight. Winds will shift to strong to
gale southwesterlies in the wake of the front.
In addition, gale force northeasterly outflow winds will continue
near Portland Inlet through Sunday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: