Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 07 December 2016
Today Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 35 near midnight then diminishing to east 25 near noon Thursday.
Showers ending Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 07 December 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 7 December 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 1:00 a.m. PST Thursday deepening frontal system located southwest
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located over Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PST 7 December 2016 An Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain over the BC Interior
today and Thursday. Gale force outflow winds are occurring through
mainland inlets with generally light to moderate winds elsewhere for
today. Storm force outflow winds will develop through mainland inlets
through tonight. Cold temperatures from the Arctic outflow winds will
give a risk of moderate freezing spray near most mainland inlets.
A strong frontal system will approach Explorer and lie just
Southwest by Thursday morning. Gale to storm force southeasterlies
ahead of the system will spread to most South Coast regions.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: